Monday, July 7, 2014

1st Day Reflections

What a great first day at VCET! I'm so glad I came! I now recognize how many similarities there are between Fine Arts teachers and me in my Kindergarten class that I never thought about before. The Studio Structures remind me of the Develop, Practice and Apply sections my district uses in instructional planning and I really related the Critiquing to Author's Chair that I use daily in Writing where my Kinders share writing and their peers give them compliments, ask questions about their writing and even sometimes offer suggestions. A colleague of mine always related writing ideas like this, " if you can think it you can say it, if you can say it you can write and if you can write it you can read it," made me think of this when we were discussing inclination.

No comments:

Post a Comment